Thursday, November 22, 2012

My creative space: red leaves


 
In my creative space today I've got my second attempt at this watercolour and gouache painting of some of the red leaves I've been collecting.  You can see my first attempt in the background here:
I'm hoping to do a version with green leaves too, so that I can have something vaguely christmassy for my Millicent Crow stall.  Although hearing "All I want for Christmas is yooooou" in a shop the other day made my skin crawl!
 I like all the reddish splotches on the envelopes I've been using as palattes.
 My next project involves these - guinea fowl feathers.  Much as I wish I had a flock of guinea fowl I bought these beauties off Trade Me, from someone in Nelson.  Crazy the things you can buy on the internet! 
How about you, what have you been making?  Got any christmassy projects on the go?

Joining in with "My Creative Space" over here.

Happy Thursday to you!

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty on the red ones, can't wait to see what you do with the spotty ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your red leaves. I've been inspired by eucalyptus leaves lately too (my last post has my paintings). The feathers are so cute too, I was just thinking about whether we should be brave and get some guineas this morning! S:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Em, I really really love the red printed leaves. See you at the fair :)

    ReplyDelete