Friday, October 29, 2010

Outdoor pianos

There's something awfully romantic about outdoor pianos, don't you think? The deserted main street of Mangaweka seems the perfect place for one; you could play it while the getaway car sped off into the night, as pistols were drawn or as people chased each other comically around the balcony of the saloon. Here are a couple of my favourite outdoor pianos:
A couple of chaps on the otherwise deserted main street of Mangaweka

See? It's the perfect place for an outdoor piano.

This one's closer to home, just down the road from me in Auckland.

If you like outdoor pianos as much as I do, you may like this post by Mr Millicent Crow, featuring an outdoor piano in Berlin...

3 comments:

  1. I love outdoor pianos too! Have you seen the Play Me I'm Yours project? I just spent half an hour watching the NYC videos...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, another outdoor piano fan! I haven't seen that...will have to check it out, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Has made my day to see the piano photo and buildings in Mangaweka...We moved the piano outside to share, and it was my living art piece on the street... Not many people could pass by without attempting to play a tune lol... We have put the buildings on the market now and the cold weather has killed our dear piano... So glad to see the photos ;)

    ReplyDelete