Wednesday, February 8, 2012

My creative space: shells


I've acquired a bit of a shell collection - the small ones are perfect for carrying in your handbag for a bit of drawing practice on the run - and I thought I'd paint some of them for my new zine. They're watercolour on watercolour paper and were definitely a challenge to draw!

I think I'm going to paint two more collections for my zine - commemorative teaspoons and...hmm...any ideas for the other one?

To see more creative spaces head on over to the "our creative spaces" blog.

Happy Thursday!

5 comments:

  1. They're really lovely, you've captured them perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done you these look so gorgeous I cant wait for your zine to go to print. I am working with driftwood at the moment it has such great texture and curves, you may like to collect a couple on a beach stroll for some sketching? They seem to dance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree, hard to draw, but yours are great.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. the shells are lovely - I remember my mother had a pair of the spotted ones when I was little....wonder what happened to them?

    ReplyDelete