Thursday, May 17, 2012

My creative space: provenance

 
In my creative space this week I've got some more zipper pouches - I've been having fun using my old scraps to line them.  This feather one, which I made as a present, has a polka dotty lining made from the leftovers from this dress.  


 And this one here with the swallow patch, has a lining made from this giant kaftan thing...which was also reincarnated as a skirt. 
 Now that I've got my sewing machine back I've been eyeing up this fabric in my stash, which I think used to be a tablecloth. 
I'm hoping I've got enough for a dress, a skirt...and a zippered pouch!

Joining in with "our creative spaces" over here.

Happy Thursday!

7 comments:

  1. The poches look very cool :) Love that last peice of fabric... hope you have enough for both! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too love these little zippered pouches. They are a great way to use up scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these pouches and the designs on them and that tablecloth fabric would look great as a skirt or a dress.

    Nice to be able to recycle fabrics into something useful and nice to look at.

    Claire :}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty... love the feather one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pouches - especially the swallow one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Emily - thanks for dropping by my blog the other day - it made me re-discover your lovely corner of the internet and I've been enjoying reading about your creative endeavours a lot!

    I was wondering if you have any swallow brooches left in your stash - I'd love to buy a couple off you...? (You could maybe email me at helenlehndorfATgmail.com...)

    I have a pair of your Huia brooches on my wall as little artworks and I love them and lots of people say nice things about them!

    Best regards,
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pouches are so lovely, the lining makes a nice surprise!

    ReplyDelete