Saturday, February 22, 2014

Splore

I was lucky enough to work at Splore last weekend, in Sarah's wonderful Sew Some Love tent.  In our beachside spot we helped people make flower crowns, embellish their costumes, carve rubber stamps, make postcards and express their creativity.   
My workshop was the rubber stamp carving one...it was so great to see the different ideas people came up with and the patterns they made with their finished stamps (and that there were no fingers sliced with sharp cutting tools). 
Here's the crew of Sew Some Love ladies: L-R Laura, Sarah, yours truly, Erin.
 This was the view from our sewing tent...my next door neighbours sailed down from Auckland. 
I think I am a bit addicted to making flower crowns...my fingers are itching to make more, maybe some matching red ones for our band!
And here I am when I was 17, going to Splore when it was at Karioitahi Beach near Waiuku.  I think my 17 year old self would have liked to work in a sewing tent!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, it looks entirely fabulous! Glad you had a blast. x Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen, yes it was wonderful, lovely to be surrounded by so much colour! x

      Delete
  2. Great pics Emily, especially the one of the bay with all the boats! ..and ofcourse you at 17rs old. Thanks for coming it was mucho fun! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! Haha, my 17 year old self with fuzzy dreadlocks and I think I had been drawing stars on my face with eyeliner! x

      Delete