Thursday, July 28, 2011

My creative space



I was gifted a wonderful dress a while back, it's the perfect shade of green and I love it to bits and pieces. Unfortunately, though, it doesn't fit me quite right. So I decided to do a little watercolour portrait of it, and hopefully one day I'll come up with a way to alter it to fit me.

While I've got the green paint out, I might paint a portrait of my two green gravy boats, too!

What have you been making?

To see other people's creative spaces, pop on over to the "our creative spaces" blog.

Happy Thursday!

3 comments:

  1. when I noticed this at creative spaces I, at first, thought this might be a real dress. I noticed instead that is's a really realistic watercolor painting. Oh, how I wish that I could do watercolors like that :) I've been doing my usual pencil drawings this week as usual. Drawings are a little less risky than those watercolors which you have to "get right the first time". Kudos to you!

    (by the way: is the painting big since you've managed to add so much detail to it?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, nice to meet you. Just wanted to say I really like your blog and I'm following!
    Jo. X.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Halina: thank you! It's on an A4 piece of watercolour paper; the dress is a little bit smaller than A4.

    @ Luna: Thanks, nice to meet you too! I'll have to pop over and check out your blog.

    ReplyDelete