Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Back to the drawing board

My feather skirt was all going according to plan - I spent lots of the weekend working on it, and an identical one without the feather...

A little too identical. I had to cut them both a bit shorter, shortened the one with the print, then thought I was shortening the one without the feather...when actually I was cutting 8cm off the printed one I had just shortened, wrecking the print. So now I've got one featherless skirt and one sewing disaster reminding me that there's no rage like sewing rage.

My featherless skirt. 'Scuse the lack of ironing.
Found some pretty geraniums though; they're making their way into a painting.

And at least I didn't sew my finger to my garment this time! How about you, had any sewing disasters lately?

1 comment:

  1. Oh stink, don't you hate it when that happens? Most of my things involve tons of unpicking and ultimately end up too small, only wearable standing up and breathing in!

    ReplyDelete