Wednesday, August 10, 2011

My creative space

For my creative space this week I thought I'd show you a painting I did for a friend's birthday the other day. It's acrylic paint on a linen canvas...I may have just bought a whole lot more of these linen canvases to do some birdie paintings for myself! White swans in NZ are few and far between, so they seem quite magical, although apparently they can be pretty vicious!


What have you been making?

To see other people's creative spaces pop on over to the "our creative spaces" blog.

Happy Thursday!


8 comments:

  1. OOhhh I love it! What a lucky friend you have! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, the colours on the linen background really work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is stunning! Your friend is super lucky. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the painting, so beautiful! and to answer your question: i've been stitching :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's lovely - did you prime the linen under the swan at all? Is it hard to paint on? I love the colour of the linen too - you're on a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful gift to give. How funny I've been thinking about swans bait lately too, but more the black variety. Have a gorgeous weekend Emily : )

    ReplyDelete