Thursday, April 12, 2012

My creative space: big stamps

Today I've been having a lovely day off and having a go at printing with my stamps on a bigger scale.  I've been covering this big piece of calico with stamps and I'm hoping to use it for bags, linings for pouches or maybe to make some obi belts. I've been meaning to try making some D ring belts for a while so it might end up as one of those. 

 I like the shadows from those ravelly ends

 I think I might have to make a banana passionfruit flower stamp next.  I can't get over how pretty those flowers are!

Next on the to do list is sorting out whether I can get my sewing machine fixed after the other day's mishap.  Here's hoping I won't have to replace it, I'm very attached to the poor old thing!

Hope you're having a good Thursday; to see other people's creative spaces head on over to the "our creative spaces" blog.

10 comments:

  1. Oh, wow! Your fabric looks great! I think a bag will look great from this fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the designs you have stamped onto your fabric! I can totally see it being turned into a journal cover or funky tote. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your fabric it looks gorgeous!! I think a bag would look excellent :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the fabric - well done you!
    Can't wait to see what you'll do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wonderful!
    I'd love to try stamping on fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks amazing. Did you make your own stamps? Can't wait to see what you make it into... Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love your work! what kind of ink pad did you use on your fabric?

    ReplyDelete