Thursday, March 29, 2012

My creative space: pouches

I've been meaning to make my camera a new case for aaaages, it deserves better than being schlepped around in the makeshift flimsy leopard print bag that has been its temporary home.  Now that I've finally learned how to make zippered pouches I've made it two.  To start with I made a canvas case with one of my huia patches on it.  It turned out too small but it'll be handy for keeping little trinkets in.  Then I used the canvas I had been printing with my stamps and made this one:
Here's the starry lining:
 I'm hoping to make cases for lots more things - I think it'd be a great project to use up all the pretty scraps I can't bear to throw out.  And I might even need to buy a rotary cutter!
How about you, what have you been making?  To see lots more creative spaces head on over to the "our creative spaces" blog.

Happy Thursday!

7 comments:

  1. They are lovely! The red zip finishes it perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your pouches. You have done well to sew a zip in such a small space.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your printed fabric! the other purse is sweet too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cute! I particularly love that bird.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just gorgeous! I have been addicted to making zippered pouches for the last 12 months........get a rotary cutter, you will be making them even faster.
    I now make them in batches of 10, and use them all over the house for so many things. They make fabulous gifts too.
    Happy sewing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. They looks great! Love the pattern on the second one... great stamps :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I llllove this fabric and pouches look so cute!

    ReplyDelete